Note to Contributors
Few essentials for publishing in IJBS
- Interested authors are required to submit their paper where the length must not exceed 8,000 words. Author should declare that she/he has not submitted the paper elsewhere for publication. Manuscript, which does not conform to the required format, may be returned for necessary revision before publication.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- Do identify four experts (potential reviewers) in the subject of your article of which including in the covering letter accompanying email submissions. The experts must not be the members of the editorial nor advisory of IJBS, must not be the same institution same as yours.
MANUSCRIPT PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Allow top margins of 1.25” (3.2 cm) first page and 0.75” (1.9 cm) the following pages, bottom margin of 1.44” (3.7 cm) left margin of 0.63” (1.6 cm) and right margin of 0.63” (1.6 cm).
- Type single-spaced text and allow for a double spacing between paragraphs.
- The paper should include: title, author’s name(s), affiliation and present address, acknowledgement, abstract (200 words maximum), an introduction, content, a conclusion, and a reference section
- Acknowledgement and information on grant received should be given before the references. Important formulae (displayed), figures and tables should be numbered consecutively throughout the manuscript.
- Use font type Times New Roman.
- Use font size 14 bold for the title.
- Use font size 12 for the author’s and affiliation names and addresses.
- Use font size 11 for the text which include abstract, body, references and acknowledgement.
- Major headings should be centred in the column. Use capital letters.
- Subheadings should be set in italics, bold and aligned to the left-hand margin of the column on a separate line.
Tables and Figures
- Use font size 10.
- The charts and graphs must be centred and tittle should be at the top.
- Number all tables and figures with Arabic numerals in the order in which the tables are first mentioned in text.
- The illustrations and photographs must be centred.
- Capitalise captions.
- Endnotes should be kept to a minimum.
- Use single spacing and font size 10
References should be complete and follow the APA Style. Examples:
Mathews, J. A. (1998). Fashioning a new Korean model out of the crisis: The rebuilding of institutional capabilities. Cambridge Journal of Economics, 22(1), 747-759.
Mintzberg, H. (1979). The Structuring of Organisations. New York: Prentice Hall.
For Contributions to Collective Works
MacKinnon, J. (1991). Critical values for cointegration tests. In R. F. Engle & C. W. J. Granger (Eds.), Long-run economic relationship: Readings in cointegration (pp. 267-276). New York: Oxford University Press.